Thank You Notes for Settlement Gifts - 5 Top Tips for Real Estate Agents
Handwritten thankyou notes in the real estate industry are rare in this day and age. We live in a time of high expectations and fast technology where there seems to be an app for everything, and if there isn't you can bet someone, somewhere is working on creating one! But seriously, who has time to sit down, reflect on a relationship and pick up a pen to say thanks? Well perhaps you should...
It is worth noting how quickly a business deal can warm up, due to the simple art of a handwritten note of appreciation.
Estate agents rely on relationships, it is the core of their work and so much time and effort is placed on nurturing and sealing the right deal for the right client. So how do you thank them and make an impact that won't be forgotten?
The right gift is a very good start...but accompanying that gift should be a handwritten note. It can be on branded card or plain notepaper but the message needs to be sincere and well thought through.
Not all relationships go well but even the tough ones deserve a note of thanks. Below are the top 5 phrases to incorporate when reflecting with gratitude as well as some often needed alternatives:
1. Always thank them for their business - this is critical
2. For the vendor '...It was our pleasure to assist with the sale of your home...' If it wasn't such a pleasure you can diplomatically mention '...we are thrilled that the sale was so successful...'
3. For the lucky purchaser '...May the years ahead be filled with happiness in your new home...' If you sense that life has been troubled lately for the purchaser perhaps steer in the direction of '...your new outdoor entertaining space is sure to be well used in the years to come...'
4. Some clients are tough cookies whose negotiation skills really test your own. You could try '...negotiating the right deal for your family has definitely paid off...' or '...selling (or buying) a home is an intense experience, take some time to relax and enjoy your new surroundings...'
5. Of course you may wish to mention the next sale (isn't that why you are writing this note anyway?) '...please do not hesitate to call me if you or a friend or family member are in need of a dedicated agent for another sale or purchase...' If the personalities were not a good fit then there are others in your team always able to assist '...myself or my award winning associates are only a phone call away should you require our services again in the future...'
The art of handwritten notes need not be lost forever - reignite your appreciation skills with sincerity and you will be surprised at the quality of the return on your investment.
Soda Grey is an Australian-owned boutique corporate gifting business catering for a wide range of budgets from stunning settlement boxes for estate agents to premium corporate products.
Read more at www.sodagrey.com.au